Lauded as the best audiophile LP test record and the ultimate tool to assess system performance. The STR 100, designed for the evaluation of pickups and systems was recorded with a constant velocity characteristic above 500 Hz. Tests include:
- Sweep Frequency - with sweep rate synchronized for use with a graphic level recorder
- Spot Frequency- includes voice announcements
- Channel Separation
- Wavelength Loss and Stylus Wear- pinpoints oversize or worn-out styli, and excessive pickup tracking force
- Vertical and Lateral Tracking
- Tone Arm Resonance- to check system performance at low and sub-audible frequencies and thus reveal undamped resonances which may cause system overloading
Includes engineering notes. An original pressing from the CBS technical labs.